Friday, June 19, 2009

HOW WAS YOUR SUMMER??? 2009 version





























I
am writing this piece of shit because I have nothing to do at all, even though am 'doing' my summer intern.

When I was mailing my prof, I had assumed that if he accepts me, my summer would be quite exciting, a little hectic but I'll learn a lot. But when I joined I came to know that everything was a delusion. All you have to do was come at around 10:30 in the morning, sit around(till your prof come and give you ideas about a circuit), play with the circuit elements, have lunch in the canteen(which takes about an hour to serve), come back in the afternoon and 'THINK' of 'SCHEMES' how to make the circuit with the components he introduced you to. After 3-4 days of THINKing SCHEMEs he comes back again to give a circuit metaphorically saying your circuit might work but take my circuit full of damn transistors.


This went on for one month or so after which we were to go to *XYZ* institute as we did not have much practical kits available in the lab where we used to THINK. This sounded like a field trip or something which actually was exciting for the first couple of days. I myself thought it was a boon as we now do not have to bicker for 15-20 minutes to get new components as a replacement for the burned ones. But then as expected something was supposed to go wrong. A workshop came into the scenario and we were left jaded listening and doing stuffs which we had already done.

Luckily met a guy who's philosophy matched mine and started working under him. now lets see how far our principles match. Hoping for best!!!

P.S. Addons will be given after my intern completes.
Anything written here should not be taken to heart.

3 comments:

  1. well reep!!.. nice description..
    ya i myself spent a lot of time 'thinking ' on ckts...bu it was worthy .. at least i was now 'thinkin' bout electronics...ya 2-3 days time was a bit too much though. but atleast it introduced me to the thinkin process :)

    hope u go long way with drdo(philosophy match)..al da best
    n do lemmi no bout it too.. sory dat i didnt give much of my time to it.. but m tryin to keep up wid it .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work buddy....without u guys i wud hv gone mad here...wid all d circuits...transistors...resistors...n ofcourse the 'XYZ' workshop....
    ya..like nick i also spent first 2-3 days bout ckts...bt once our group was formed i thought...f*** PROJECT...enjoy HOLIDAZ...

    ReplyDelete